Are we staring in to the face of a global apocalypse brought on by our excesses? Scientists who have been monitoring the rate of climate change in recent years sure seem to be think so. In fact, some rather grim figures have emerged when you compare the increase in the rates of global warming and CO2 emissions.
Is the clock really ticking for Planet earth?
The current rate of carbon dioxide emissions is so greater than it has ever been in the history of the planet. In fact, even if we were to lower this emission by 25%, it would only help in curbing the
growth in polar temperatures by a mere 2 degrees Celsius. The pollution woes of the world are being exacerbated by the continual deforestations, mining and use of fossil fuel and industrial growth.
The change in the climate
The rate of change of climatic conditions due to the melting of polar glaciers, rise in ocean water temperature and pollution is expected to be 10 times faster than any change that has occurred over the last 65 million years. This trend will undoubtedly put pressure on current ecosystems, flora and fauna which will have to make evolutionary and behavioral changes to adapt to such a significant rate of increase in temperatures.
What can we expect as a result of the rising CO 2 emission and temperature?
Heavy rainfall, flash floods caused due to them and heat waves are expected to become frequent occurrences if we cannot control the pollution and these climatic changes. If the emission of greenhouse gases continues at its present rate, the annual temperatures the world over may increase by 4-6 degree Celsius in the next 20 years.
Fortunately, the drastic, projected outcome of these climatic disasters are not etched in stone. This means that we still have a chance to control the rate at which the temperature changes. However, it should be accepted that some of the damage is already done as massive chunks of polar glaciers are found breaking and melting away.
- Top 3 Ways to Get Gil in Final Fantasy XIV 2021 - Malawi24Top 3 Ways to Get Gil in Final Fantasy XIV 2021 Malawi24
- Gil Brandt's Hot 100, 1.0: Top prospects in 2021 NFL Draft class - NFL.comGil Brandt's Hot 100, 1.0: Top prospects in 2021 NFL Draft class NFL.com
- Girls Aloud's tragic body battles - extreme diets, taped into outfits and 'fat-shamed' - Mirror OnlineGirls Aloud's tragic body battles - extreme diets, taped into outfits and 'fat-shamed' Mirror Online
- Final Fantasy 15 Gil sources - How to get fast money through Gil farming, selling items and other methods - Eurogamer.netFinal Fantasy 15 Gil sources - How to get fast money through Gil farming, selling items and other methods Eurogamer.net
- Final Fantasy XIV: 15 Tips On Gil Farming | Game Rant - GameRantFinal Fantasy XIV: 15 Tips On Gil Farming | Game Rant GameRant
- Rare FN Souza landscape artwork & Amrita Sher-Gil's sketch to fetch Rs 1 cr at online auction - Economic TimesRare FN Souza landscape artwork & Amrita Sher-Gil's sketch to fetch Rs 1 cr at online auction Economic Times