We live in a society where almost everyone owns and operates a phone. Today even children as young as three years are allowed to own phones by their parents. But come to think of it not many people have telephone etiquette.
Before using a phone it is imperative that you understand how to operate it. Every phone worth its price comes with a manual that many may choose to ignore. Please ensure that you carefully read your telephone manual before you start using your phone. This way you get to understand when and how to use your gadget. You can imagine the embarrassment that would follow you if for example you sent a text meant for your spouse to your boss by pressing or touching the wrong button.
Have a plan before making any business call. The following acronym may be of use here-PASS. This stands for Purpose, Audience, Style and Structure.
Know the purpose of your call before you press the call button. This helps you gather all the necessary information and saves you the embarrassment of keeping your receiver on hold while you look for information. You also come out as an organized person.
Think about your audience. You need to understand your audience such that you call them at the most convenient time. For example business calls should be made during business hours (9am-5pm or 9am-4pm) depending on the country you come from.
Style in a telephone conversation regards the tone, pace and volume you adopt. You need to speak at a moderate pace-not too fast and not too slowly, do not also speak too loudly or too softly that the person on the other end does not hear you. Always adopt a friendly tone to encourage the person on the other end of the line to speak freely and clearly.
Lastly, a telephone conversation just like any other conversation has a beginning, a body and a conclusion. You for instance begin by greeting the receiver and probably end by thanking them or promising to call back with more details regarding the conversation you have just had.
Following the above tips will take you a long way in improving your mannerisms when making telephone calls.
- Top 3 Ways to Get Gil in Final Fantasy XIV 2021 - Malawi24Top 3 Ways to Get Gil in Final Fantasy XIV 2021 Malawi24
- Gil Brandt's Hot 100, 1.0: Top prospects in 2021 NFL Draft class - NFL.comGil Brandt's Hot 100, 1.0: Top prospects in 2021 NFL Draft class NFL.com
- Girls Aloud's tragic body battles - extreme diets, taped into outfits and 'fat-shamed' - Mirror OnlineGirls Aloud's tragic body battles - extreme diets, taped into outfits and 'fat-shamed' Mirror Online
- Final Fantasy 15 Gil sources - How to get fast money through Gil farming, selling items and other methods - Eurogamer.netFinal Fantasy 15 Gil sources - How to get fast money through Gil farming, selling items and other methods Eurogamer.net
- Final Fantasy XIV: 15 Tips On Gil Farming | Game Rant - GameRantFinal Fantasy XIV: 15 Tips On Gil Farming | Game Rant GameRant
- Rare FN Souza landscape artwork & Amrita Sher-Gil's sketch to fetch Rs 1 cr at online auction - Economic TimesRare FN Souza landscape artwork & Amrita Sher-Gil's sketch to fetch Rs 1 cr at online auction Economic Times