We live in a society where almost everyone owns and operates a phone. Today even children as young as three years are allowed to own phones by their parents. But come to think of it not many people have telephone etiquette.
Before using a phone it is imperative that you understand how to operate it. Every phone worth its price comes with a manual that many may choose to ignore. Please ensure that you carefully read your telephone manual before you start using your phone. This way you get to understand when and how to use your gadget. You can imagine the embarrassment that would follow you if for example you sent a text meant for your spouse to your boss by pressing or touching the wrong button.
Have a plan before making any business call. The following acronym may be of use here-PASS. This stands for Purpose, Audience, Style and Structure.
Know the purpose of your call before you press the call button. This helps you gather all the necessary information and saves you the embarrassment of keeping your receiver on hold while you look for information. You also come out as an organized person.
Think about your audience. You need to understand your audience such that you call them at the most convenient time. For example business calls should be made during business hours (9am-5pm or 9am-4pm) depending on the country you come from.
Style in a telephone conversation regards the tone, pace and volume you adopt. You need to speak at a moderate pace-not too fast and not too slowly, do not also speak too loudly or too softly that the person on the other end does not hear you. Always adopt a friendly tone to encourage the person on the other end of the line to speak freely and clearly.
Lastly, a telephone conversation just like any other conversation has a beginning, a body and a conclusion. You for instance begin by greeting the receiver and probably end by thanking them or promising to call back with more details regarding the conversation you have just had.
Following the above tips will take you a long way in improving your mannerisms when making telephone calls.
- Global Heavy Equipment Maintenance Market 2025 Cumulative Impact of COVID-19 On Top Manufacturers: Mader Group, Walker Machinery, H&E Equipment Services, Tri-County Equipment, Gil's Heavy Equipment Repair, etc. - Aerospace JournalGlobal Heavy Equipment Maintenance Market 2025 Cumulative Impact of COVID-19 On Top Manufacturers: Mader Group, Walker Machinery, H&E Equipment Services, Tri-County Equipment, Gil's Heavy Equipment Repair, etc. Aerospace Journal
- The Alienist season 2 cast: Who is in the cast of The Alienist series 2? - Daily ExpressThe Alienist season 2 cast: Who is in the cast of The Alienist series 2? Daily Express
- The Alienist cast: Who stars in season two of the Netflix series? - The SunThe Alienist cast: Who stars in season two of the Netflix series? The Sun
- Five candidates vie for three seats on Richmond School Board - New Baltimore Voice NewspapersFive candidates vie for three seats on Richmond School Board New Baltimore Voice Newspapers
- FreightCar America, Inc. Announces Final Repositioning Steps - Marketscreener.comFreightCar America, Inc. Announces Final Repositioning Steps Marketscreener.com
- Gils de Ferran: Daniel Ricciardo a good fit for McLaren | F1 News by PlanetF1 - PlanetF1Gils de Ferran: Daniel Ricciardo a good fit for McLaren | F1 News by PlanetF1 PlanetF1